Sunday, August 5, 2007

Diary Entry, 23rd of July

Mega-post on Jenin trip coming up, too much to copy from my notes in one sitting. This is also from my diary, from a couple of weeks ago (note - most of my Bir Zeit classes have been great, this was a one-off):

"Jalazone. Exhausting day: hot, dizzy and with sharp stomach cramps after a long and eventually fruitful search for a cashpoint in the midday sun followed by a patchy conversation class with overly timid students, I stumbled off the servees in the town centre (not having jumped off at my usual stop due to a last minute conversation with an English-Palestinian from Brighton on holiday in the camp with her baby) to be greeted with raucous cries and the sight of a freshly decapitated sheep, still writhing on the stone threshold of the butcher's shop as a group of men hosed it down."

No comments: